Thursday 9 April 2009

NEW HAIR


(DISCLAIMER: The bloke above is not me, although we do share a pretty shit haircut.)

WORD TO YA MUM I CAME TO DROP BOMBS!

This week I got a real-life haircut from a real-life hairdresser for the first time in over 4 years. Inevitably I have been given a short-back and sides type do, but with a Covent Garden style edge (the extra tenner was totally worth it).

Being that I was getting a £10+ haircut, a wash was included as part of the deal. The extreme indulgence of having someone else wash my hair made me have a slight freak-out, and for the duration of the wash I suppressed a mild panic attack as I tried to stop my face from doing anything too mental (which in turn made me look mental). Once it was time to be getting snipping, I had to endure some hairdresser beef. As I had been cutting my own hair for several years, as well as never brushing or conditioning, my barnet had developed a birds-nest type quality. As she got to work, my barber started murmuring sounds of disapproval, which unfortunately provoked a quite pathetic urge within myself to placate her. I am ashamed to say that I told the following lie:

Me: "Sorry it's in such a state, but my ex-girlfriend used to cut it."

She then took up the banter baton:

Barber: "Is that why you broke up then. Ha!"

Me "Ha! Something like that!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

This exact same exchange took place 4 years ago during my last haircut, and it was as much of a fabrication then. At times I must look like someone doing a rather meager impression of an adult man.

As I don't have a digital camera, I can't share my fab new haircut with you guys, but then again I'm sure I will see everyone who reads this blog in person within the next few weeks. So whatever...

Luckily for me, a host of jokers have documented their glorious cuts on Flickr:


3 comments:

  1. trembling with trepidation and cant wait to see it. If you were a regular at the barbers you would know that opprobrious remarks are de rigueur....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hairdresser/client conversations mid hair wash must have less desire for chat from either party than a cab driver and passenger. that beard on the guy at the bottoms got something to say though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fella at the bottom is dropping all kinds of deep style-bombs. I include having a handicapped spouse in the category of style-bomb.

    ReplyDelete