Tuesday 17 March 2009

Pet Peeve # 4

Mitch Winehouse
I have managed to develop a disproportionate sense of animosity towards this man. Not for the first time, Mitch Winehouse managed to get all up in my morning grill as I read today's Metro. He was on sterling form, shedding fuck all light on the antics fruity daughter, but managing yet again to get his chunky bonce in the news. In the picture above you can see him doing a fun impression of shielding himself from the camera.

Such reticence in front of the paps seems slightly bizarre. His penchant for greeting the tabloid press on his doorstep with emotional soundbites tends to undermine his apparent coyness. He obviously revels in the attention that his daughter's erratic public performances have brought him. (His behaviour is the equivalent of me blushing at a workmate passing wind, while simultaneously smearing shit onto the monitor of my Dell). When other celebrities go 'off the rails' you generally don't hear a great deal from their parents. This is probably because they value their children's welfare slightly more than any warped sense of self-satisfaction gained from seeing their bollocks quoted in 'The Sun'. Here is one of a million pointless quotes I could choose:

"I would just ask everyone who has sent me their good wishes to pray for her, as I do. I go to my father's grave and I pray."

I could probably find an even more irritating quote than this, but googling Mitch Winehouse makes me want to kick my Dell in the face (monitor). I imagine he has jacked in his job as black cab driver, and is working on a way of fully utilising the power of reflected glory. I'm sure that his fat, silver head could be modified to create a more dislikeable version of solar panels.

On the topic of bad parents, my friend Briony at http://www.notinmytype.blogspot.com/ brought my attention to this mad bint. I really hope that Fearne Cotton gets involved in this worthwhile project:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Otto-And-Lucy-Baxter-In-Downs-Syndrome-Sex-Story-Mother-Appeals-For-Girlfriend-For-Adopted-Son/Article/200903315242926?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15242926_Otto_And_Lucy_Baxter_In_Downs_Syndrome_Sex_Story%3A_Mother_Appeals_For_Girlfriend_For_Adopted_Son

This kid's hairdresser wants shooting. What is with those snazzy sideburns?

No comments:

Post a Comment