Tuesday 10 February 2009

Pet Peeve #3

WAGON WHEELS



One of the few positive aspects of living with my mother is the consistent presence of biscuits and chocolate in the cupboard. Usually the role of staple biscuit is admirably fulfilled by one of three chocolate-covered biscuit bars:
PENGUIN
CLUB
ROCKY (CARAMEL)
Sadly the routine was recently broken when a bumper pack of Wagon Wheels was introduced to the family home. I knew I was in for a disappointing biscuit experience as soon as I clocked the slogan:

'YOU'VE GOT TO GRIN TO GET IT IN'

From personal experience I can confirm that this is a lie. At no point during the process of eating a Wagon Wheel did I manage to grin, I may have grimaced, but I certainly didn't grin. Burton's Foods lies don't stop there. The biscuit's blurb reads:

'DELICIOUS MALLOW BISCUIT COVERED WITH A CHOCOLATE FLAVOURED COATING'

The biscuits boast of being 'delicious' is immediately undermined by the admission that they have only stretched to 'chocolate flavoured coating' rather than using actual chocolate. The fact that this 'coating' has been so skimpily applied to the biscuit just compounds the crapiness of the snack.

Not everyone hates Wagon Wheels though, least of all The Sun's Gordon Smart. Yum!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article914088.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment