Thursday 26 May 2011

Friday 27/05/2011: BBNO


Yesterday got a lot better after I left my last blog post. During my lunch break I saw Chris Moyles outside a cafe tucking into a duo of meat-filled paninis. He looked disgruntled, and certainly not as if he was in the mood for sharing. Next to his plate was an ominously large pot of mustard. I love working next the BBC Radio studios. I regularly get to see my favourite Radio DJs going about their everyday business. Reg Yates is a regular at the Pret a Manger on New Cavendish Street. He usually gets the ‘sandwich of the week’ accompanied by a strong Americano. Staying on trend is obviously important in his line of work, be it keeping in step with the nation’s musical tastes or the sandwich fillings currently favoured by hungry media workers. I tried to introduce myself to him once, but it didn’t go down too well. He was in our favourite Pret fingering a Crunchy Hummus Bloomer, when I crept up behind him and whispered some of my favourite Rasta Mouse impressions into his ear. He seemed genuinely frightened at first, then pulled an angry face and called me a ‘fass’.

I am now genuinely amped about Jon’s BBNO tonight! (I have never used to word ‘amped’ before; and am unsure about it tbh). I even hit the gym last night to make sure I’m looking extra pumped tonight. I managed 4K on the treadmill and lost count of the amount 10 KG reps I did! My beach body is really coming along now. The other day I was squat thrusting in the living room, and my girlfriend came in and said that I looked like Jean-Claude Van Damme! I still have to get Jon a present though. Seeing that we are meeting in Covent Garden I think I may hit up Cybercandy and buy him some wacky sweets. Jon is seriously into his candy, so I think a bumper bag of peanut butter M&Ms will go down a treat. I once witnessed Jon demolish an entire pack of Murray mints in a single sitting. He was pretty proud of himself until the laxative effects of excessive mint consumption kicked in.

7 comments:

  1. Jon seems a bit of a prick to be fair,and what is with the lack of a H in his name?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was originally spelt 'John'. But after watching (and falling in love with) the film 'Swingers' starring Jon Favreau, he changed his name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathon might enjoy a jumbo pack of Skittles.
    Half price in the Co-op.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no 'might' about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but there is a big bit...... a massive one in fact..... in his trousers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a little over excited there and ruined my gag. It's supposed to read butt not bit! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. allow these lies and allow this beef.

    some next level choking on gag dleivery here too.

    ReplyDelete